The folks over at HappyFunCorp have written an outstanding advanced Bootstrap grid tutorial for those looking to go beyond the Bootstrap basics and design a unique site, template or theme.
The tutorials first describes the three major complaints developers have when using the bootstrap framework:
- Site created with bootstrap all look the same (cookie-cutter)
- There are too many classes in the HTML
- There are too many other things that you simply don’t need, and that seem to get in the way
However, you can easily overcome these issues by using LESS or SASS, which will allow you to customize things using variables, getting things to look and behave the way you want, all without struggle with the bootstrap framework.
This topics covered in this advanced bootstrap tutorial are:
- The Twelve Column Grid and how it works
- How col- classes are defined
- Using semantic classes
- Redefining grid-columns
- Ordering includes
Click on the link below to take the advanced bootstrap grid tutorial.Go to the Advanced Bootstrap Grid Tutorial